Ink Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum of the Ink Stars.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How much do you like Shakespeare?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mesarthim
Nova
Mesarthim

How much do you like Shakespeare? Empty
PostSubject: How much do you like Shakespeare?   How much do you like Shakespeare? Icon_minipostedSat Jan 12, 2008 4:20 pm

Currently having to write a hundred pages dissertation about Othello's staging, I was wondering how much people who are not as crazy as I am like Shakespeare those days...
Rolling Eyes

Do you have a favorite Shakespeare's play? (Mine is a Midsummer night's dream -not very original- or maybe Romeo and Juliet -even worse...-)
Back to top Go down
Naos
Nova
Naos

PostSubject: Re: How much do you like Shakespeare?   How much do you like Shakespeare? Icon_minipostedThu Feb 14, 2008 12:14 pm

I like very much Shakespeare...

My favourite play can be... Otello o Hamlet king queen

But I preffer Spanish theater... I love Lope de Vega!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.etoilesdencre.es/
Mesarthim
Nova
Mesarthim

PostSubject: Re: How much do you like Shakespeare?   How much do you like Shakespeare? Icon_minipostedThu Feb 14, 2008 5:36 pm

Othello is the right answer Wink I really like Hamlet too though.

I realize I don't really know Spanish theatre (except maybe Calderon de la Barca, whose plays I'm studying again this semester). How are things with drama in Spain? Because I wouldn't say French drama is at its best right now.
Back to top Go down
Alhena
Ink Star
Alhena

PostSubject: Re: How much do you like Shakespeare?   How much do you like Shakespeare? Icon_minipostedThu Mar 27, 2008 9:43 pm

I really like Shakespeare. My two favorite plays are A midsummer's night dream and The Tempest. The first one, because I love the way he manages to get different plots to work together. The second, because I think it's Sahkespeare's own reflection on playwriting.
Back to top Go down
Mesarthim
Nova
Mesarthim

PostSubject: Re: How much do you like Shakespeare?   How much do you like Shakespeare? Icon_minipostedFri Mar 28, 2008 4:34 am

Why do you have this opinion about the Tempest? I'm really interested in this point of view, I'm starting writing about metadrama and Iago as a playwright in Othello; and anything about Shakesperean metadrama is interesting me very much drunken

Naos: I'm studying Lope de Vega this semester ^^
Back to top Go down
Alhena
Ink Star
Alhena

PostSubject: Re: How much do you like Shakespeare?   How much do you like Shakespeare? Icon_minipostedFri Mar 28, 2008 8:36 pm

Because it's his last play, and that Prospero acts a lot like a playwriter, introducing the characters, preparing events, guiding some discoveries...
Back to top Go down
Altaïr
Super-Nova
Altaïr

PostSubject: Re: How much do you like Shakespeare?   How much do you like Shakespeare? Icon_minipostedFri Mar 28, 2008 9:54 pm

When I was in hypokhâgne, i had to study Jules Cesar... It was really horrible ^^
Back to top Go down
http://etoilesdencre.com/
Mesarthim
Nova
Mesarthim

PostSubject: Re: How much do you like Shakespeare?   How much do you like Shakespeare? Icon_minipostedFri Mar 28, 2008 11:38 pm

Too bad for you, i don't really like this one either.
I studied Moon Palace by Paul Auster in hypokhâgne, and loved it. As Shakespeare is concerned, I studied the comedy of errors in khâgne, which is a really interesting one.
Really you didn't have much chance Sad (and maybe had a pretty pervert English teacher unable to choose among all the great and lighter Shakespeare's plays a nice one to study...)
Back to top Go down
Altaïr
Super-Nova
Altaïr

PostSubject: Re: How much do you like Shakespeare?   How much do you like Shakespeare? Icon_minipostedSat Mar 29, 2008 1:40 am

Sure ^^ I hated him. If i want to read something from Shakespeare, with which one shall I start ?...
Back to top Go down
Mesarthim
Nova
Mesarthim

PostSubject: Re: How much do you like Shakespeare?   How much do you like Shakespeare? Icon_minipostedSat Mar 29, 2008 2:31 pm

You can start by reading Hamlet. There are many interesting things about madness, metatheatre, unfulfilled love, father issues, fights... It's a very interesting one! If you want something lighter, Midsummer night's dream (if you don't fancy faeries though you might not like it) I read recently the winter's tale, a bit darker, and Measure for Measure, a city comedy, which is a bit dark too but still very funny. You can actually start with anything but the history plays!
(I forgot about the Tempest, it's the last one he wrote but it could be a good one to start with. The characters are just amazing)

[Do I look like the Shakespeare's fan right now? Or the english teacher in training? scratch ]
Back to top Go down
Altaïr
Super-Nova
Altaïr

PostSubject: Re: How much do you like Shakespeare?   How much do you like Shakespeare? Icon_minipostedSat Mar 29, 2008 9:14 pm

Well, i'm reading a book called La Dramaturgie by Yves Lavandiers, and it's great. Hamlet is one of his most favorite example.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much do you like Shakespeare?   How much do you like Shakespeare? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

How much do you like Shakespeare?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ink Stars :: Firmament of the Arts :: About drama-
Jump to: